Monday, May 31, 2010

Convalescent Soup

3 Med Potatoes
1 Carrot
2 to 3 stalks of celery
Onion
Chopp everything cover with water and cook.  
When vegetable are soft mash with potato masher.  
Add 1 tsp sugar 
salt and butter to taste.  
Add one can mushroom soup and a can of milk.  
Heat through and serve.

This recipe is from Luella Hellawell who made this for me following gall bladder surgery and pancreatitis. This is great to offer nutrition and substance, yet is bland and easy to digest.

When I was helping my aunt in TX and she was having a hard time with digestion and nausea, I thought of it and called her wonderful daughter Clarice who happily got me the recipe! (THANKS CLARICE!) I separated  the recipe into individual serving sizes in disposable containers and froze them so it would be easy to microwave and consume as needed. Hope this is helpful for SOMEONE...  (((HUGS)))

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a great recipe for my dad who has no desire to eat due to chemo and radiation but needs some nutrition, in his body. We will have to see how it goes, Thanks

    ReplyDelete