Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Slow Cooker Hash Brown Casserole

I found this yummy recipe from About.com! Just what I needed as a side for my casserole! You can click the pic to see more of their YUMMY recipes. I was specifically looking for a side dish I could make in a crock pot and this was PERFECT!! Thought I'd share! Thank you ASK.COM!

Diana Rattray

This is a tasty hash brown casserole, and it's easy to prepare and cook
in the Crockpot. Serve this flavorful hash brown casserole with meat
or poultry, or serve it as a breakfast side dish. Feel free to use Cheddar
cheese soup in place of the nacho cheese soup.

Ingredients:

  • 30 to 32 ounces frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
  • 1 cup chopped onion, optional
  • 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed nacho cheese soup, undiluted
  • 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
  • 8 ounces light sour cream
  • 6 tablespoons melted butter

Preparation:

Spray the crockery insert with nonstick cooking spray or lightly grease
the inside surface. Combine the thawed hash browns, onion, soups,
sour cream, and melted butter. Pack into the slow cooker insert. Cover
and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours.
Serves 6.

1 comment: